LAST UPDATED: August 4, 2023
By using any Bon Bare website or providing us with your information, you signify your agreement with the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please refrain from using our websites or applications or providing us with any of your information.
This policy provides details on how you can access and update your information and exercise certain choices regarding the use of your data, including editing your data. This Policy covers both online and offline data collection, including information collected through our websites, applications, partners, offline programs, and events.
Please note that this website is designed for residents of the United States.
Q: WHAT IS THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect information that you give us directly. We collect data like your contact information, (i.e. your name, email address, mailing address, optional personal preferences, phone number, as well as optional information such as your social media handles). We also collect information that has to do with any account(s) you create with us, such as your username and password. If you make a purchase from Bon Bare, our stores, partnering practices or our website, we work with third-party payment processors to collect and process your contact and payment information.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the site or on our online shops, we collect information about the individual web pages and products that you view, what websites or search items and terms referred you to the site, and information about how and when you interact with the Site. This is done through such items as your IP address, email address, operating system, browser type, device information, access times and length of stay, items you place in a cart, the websites you visited before navigating to our websites, pages accessed, ads you clicked on, search terms you have used to reach our websites, and links clicked.
We may collect information that you voluntarily offer us that describes your demographics. You may choose not to participate and opt out of any such demographic information gathering at any time. Examples that we collect may include your date of birth, age or age range, gender, or skin type information (e.g., eye color, skin type (for example sensitive or dry skin), skin health condition, etc.), geographic location (for example your zip code, city and or state), clicked on products, wish-list of products, and interests. We may collect and use your that we have gathered for information to administer a game, PR and marketing promotion, contest(s), sweepstakes, giveaway, competition, or other similar marketing campaign or promotion.
We collect Device Information using Cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. We also use log files which track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, time on the site, and date/time stamps.
You can learn more about cookies and how they work by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. You can disable cookies at any time through your browser settings. Doing so, may disable certain features or opt out on our websites, such as account personalisation options, account info or online ordering.
To opt-out from third-party cookies that are used for advertising purposes or similar activity, you can do so on the NAI website at https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or by using Global Privacy Control at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites or applications, such as Google Analytics. The service providers use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site and record these statistics. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to analyze the use of our websites and applications. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on our websites and applications at any time. To learn more about web analytics services or to disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on to take off Google Analytics provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics, you may visit the Google Analytics page provided directly by Google.
Data We Collect from Other Partners or Sources
We may also gather certain information about you from other sources, including:
Other customers who have willingly provided information about you, for example via our referral program or to send you a gift or gift card. Online booking partners, such as companies we partner with to handle online reservations for retail store appointments. We also collect information from our order processing partners, Unaffiliated third parties and third party companies, such as marketing and advertising partners, market research companies, PR and marketing companies and sample distributors. The types of personal data we collect from other sources include your name, email address, websites you visited, given interests indicated through optional quizzes or games on our site, product preferences, price preferences, and product purchases.
Q. WHY EXACTLY DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- For Business- Performance of the contract: We collect information you provide directly to us. In certain cases, we need your information to fulfill our contractual obligations, for example, when you purchase a product from us online.
- We use the information we collect to: Gather information including your name, email address, websites you visited, given interests, product preferences, price preferences, and product purchases. Create and manage your online accounts and perform our contractual obligations allowing us to better serve you; Communicate with you, customize your account, including to tell you about specials, price drops, products and services and sales that may be of interest to you and to respond to your requests, inquiries, issues, comments, and suggestions; Complete the transactions you request and send cart reminders
- Your prior consent: We will ask for your permission to send you marketing communications. In certain cases, we may ask for your express consent before collecting or using your information for business purposes.
- Compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us: Sometimes it is necessary that we have to collect and use your information to comply with our own company legal and tax law obligations.
- We may use photos, feedback, quotes or reviews you submit to us for our website, promotional or marketing materials
- Additional Business Purposes: In accordance with certain state privacy laws, we are authorized to process your personal information for various legitimate business purposes. However, we ensure that such usage remains reasonably necessary for the smooth operation of our business and aligns with the original reasons for collecting or processing your personal data. These permitted purposes encompass adhering to tax laws, addressing website repair issues, conducting audits for compliance, enhancing security and data integrity, implementing short-term, non-personalized advertising, conducting internal research for technological development, and improving service quality and safety, among others.
Q: HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
Q: WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION: This includes any information that would allow us to personally contact you, such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number, or email address. In some cases, this could include information that you give us about someone else (for example, if you ask us to ship a Bon Bare product to a friend). We typically collect personal contact information in connection with a variety of activities, including account registration, product orders, customer service, contests and promotions, and customer feedback. If you create an account with us, some of your personal contact information may be stored under your account profile. To review or edit this information, go to the My Account section of our site or contact Customer Service.
- PAYMENT INFORMATION: This includes any information that you use to make a purchase, such as your credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date, etc.), gift card information, or other forms of payment. This also may include customer number, login ID, screen name, password, and/or security question and answer. This also includes the billing name and address associated with your form of payment. If you create an account with us, your payment information (along with your purchase history and other related preferences) may be stored under your account profile unless opting out. To review or edit this information, go to the My Account section of our site or contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
- ACCOUNT LOGIN INFORMATION: This refers to any information that is required for you to establish an account with us or for us to give you access to your account information or personalization effects on our site. Certain login information, such as your customer number, may be generated by us and then sent to you. We only collect (or create for you) unique login information for those activities that require an account. Your unique login information, especially your password, should always be kept confidential and should never be shared with anyone else. To change your account password, go to the My Account section of our site or contact Customer Service. SOCIAL NETWORK INFORMATION- This refers to any information that is part of your profile on a third-party social network (such as TikTok or Facebook) and that you allow the third-party social network to share with us or that is posted publicly. Examples may include your basic account information
- CUSTOMER FEEDBACK: This includes information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience in using our website or products. This includes any content or reviews, photos and feedback you share with us, other people, and other websites, social media channels or partners
Q: HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
DISCLOSURE OF THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or allow third parties to collect) personal data about you.
- We make personal data available to our service providers, contractors, agents, and consultants who complete transactions and perform services on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, shipping and delivery, surveys, events, personalization, market research , analytics, marketing, advertising, fraud prevention, and customer service.
- We disclose personal data when during certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party company.
- We disclose personal data to advertising partners who help us send marketing communications. This information does not identify you personally, but may be used by those marketing partners and other third parties to enable them to recognize you on other sites and services you visit even if you don’t login.
- We disclose information about you to our professional advisors, board members, internal staff, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers, and bankers, where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our operations and business interests.
We gather and utilize your information to efficiently process and deliver your orders, provide updates on their status, and inquire about your satisfaction with the products you've ordered. Depending on your mode of purchase (e.g., online, in-store, call center), this may involve collecting and using specific personal details such as contact information, payment information, account login credentials, and/or purchase-related information (e.g., products ordered). Additionally, we may securely store your payment information for convenient checkout on future purchases.
Kindly be aware that there exist independent e-commerce sites and retailers that offer Bon Bare products but are not under Bon Bare's control or operation. As these sites may follow different privacy and security practices compared to ours, we strongly advise you to review their respective privacy policies before making any purchases on those platforms.
We gather and utilize your information to offer you exceptional customer service, addressing your inquiries and providing assistance. This usually involves collecting and utilizing specific personal contact details (such as your name, email address) and information related to the nature of your inquiry (e.g., order status, technical issue, product question, general question, etc.). Customer service can be delivered through various communication channels, including email correspondence and call center support.
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT AND CUSTOMIZATION
We gather and utilize your information to continuously enhance our products, customizing them to suit your preferences, and generating new product concepts. This primarily involves collecting and analyzing demographic data and customer feedback. Furthermore, we may utilize your information to offer personalized Bon Bare product recommendations, exclusive offers, and rewards tailored to your interests and profile. This personalized approach relies on your previous order history (including online or call center purchases) and certain demographic details
PROMOTIONAL AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You have the option to opt out of our promotional emails or text messages at any time by simply following the instructions provided in those communications. However, please be aware that even if you choose to opt out of promotional messages, you may still receive non-promotional communications, such as order confirmation emails or notifications about changes to our legal terms. Additionally, with your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your browser. If you wish to stop receiving these notifications, you can easily deactivate them by adjusting the notification settings on your browser.
WEBSITE PERSONALIZATION AND CONVENIENCE
We may use your information to grant you access to our website community features, enabling you to participate in various activities like sharing ratings, reviews, questions/answers, stories, pictures, videos, or other content. Additionally, we may utilize your information to send you marketing communications, which may include email communications, mobile messages (including text and/or push notifications), and postal mailings. These communications aim to keep you informed about new products, store events, special discounts and coupons, beauty tips, and other news and special offers. Occasionally, these communications may also include information or offers about third-party products.
Sending you marketing communications primarily involves collecting and using personal contact information and/or demographic details. In some cases (such as mobile messages), technical information or general location information from your mobile device may also be used.
THIRD-PARTY ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may permit third-party ad networks, such as Facebook and Google, to utilize your information for the purpose of presenting targeted ads to individuals who have visited our website or are part of our databases ("Matched Ads"), including Bon Bare's ads on our platforms or other sites. If you wish to opt-out of receiving Matched Ads, please contact the relevant third-party ad network. Alternatively, you have the option to opt-out of this type of third-party tracking at any time by visiting: https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or using Global Privacy Control at https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. Additionally, we may use Facebook's Conversion API (CAPI) or other Facebook Custom Audiences services to deliver Matched Ads on Facebook services. To opt-out of your data being utilized for these Matched Ads, you can follow the instructions provided by hovering over the box in the right corner of such Facebook ads. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any failure by third-party ad networks to comply with your opt-out requests.
Q: WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your information with select companies or in particular situations, examples described below. Rest assured that we do not sell, rent, or disclose your data to any third-party for business or commercial purposes unless you provide explicit consent for such disclosure. Your privacy is of utmost importance to us, and we uphold strict measures to safeguard your information.
VENDORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND CORPORATE AFFILIATES
We may share (or receive) information, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates. We have third party vendors, agencies, contractors, or service providers ("service providers") that we partner with to support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., order fulfillment, website operation, promotions, marketing campaigns, call center support, etc.). These service providers offer many services and may have access to your personal contact information, payment details, demographic data, or other relevant information. We have contractual agreements with our service providers that require them to use your information solely for the tasks we have assigned them and to uphold the confidentiality and security of your data.
On occasion, we may disclose your information when required by law enforcement or for other legal purposes. This sharing may become necessary in various scenarios, such as in connection with a lawsuit, investigation, governmental inquiry, court order, enforcement of legal rights (e.g., contract terms, intellectual property rights, etc.), safety issue, or similar legal or security matters. Although such sharing is not a regular occurrence, it could arise from time to time. We make every effort to restrict the information shared for legal purposes to what is reasonably necessary.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS (E.G., SALE OR ACQUISITION OF COMPANY)
WE DO NOT COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
We do not solicit or collect any type of information from individuals known to be under the age of 16. If we inadvertently obtain information from someone under the age of 16, we will promptly remove that information from our records as soon as feasible (or obtain necessary parental permission to retain it).
MINORS UNDER 18
This Website is intended for and directed to residents of the United States. This Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16. You must be 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to make a purchase on our Website. If you are a minor under 18 and have a profile on our Bon Bare website, you may request removal of reviews or other content that you posted on the site by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within 30 days. Please note that processing your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content that you posted.
Q: HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Bon Bare LLC
33 5th Avenue
New York, New York 10003